28 Nov · 6 min read
E-commerce is the buying & selling of goods & services online. It contains a vast variety of data, and tools for online customers and vendors, including online shopping and payment. Most online companies use an online platform to complete e-commerce marketing and sales activities. E-commerce means commercial transactions held on the Internet. Any steps that use information systems are e-business. E-commerce involves accepting money from a consumer for a service or product.
E-commerce can be divided into:
Outsourcing is the industry practice of employing a group of people from outside the firm to complete services or create goods that were previously performed by an in-house team and staff. Outsourcing is an approach usually undertaken by organizations as a cost-cutting step. It can impact a wide range of jobs from consumer support to manufacturing. Outsourcing was identified as a business technique in 1989 and from that, it became an important aspect of business economics. Outsourcing is a subject of significant dispute in multiple countries. Those who opposed outsourcing argue that it has caused the failure of various jobs, mainly in the manufacturing sector. But people who support and encourage outsourcing say that it creates an incentive for companies to give resources where they are useful and that outsourcing helps in maintaining the nature of the free market on a global scale.
2. Time-saving: By giving the work to the outside team who knows and has a background in eCommerce will save you time. Because you will now have lesser things to stress about. It will save you time by not creating the solution yourself.
3. Better Skill Set: Outsourcing your e-commerce development provides you entry to a vast variety of specialists with experience in different fields. Because in this you are not paying an individual who is learning on the job. Industry leaders can be assured that their e-commerce development is in safe hands, eliminating the need for micro-management. Outsourced professionals can handle any errors immediately as opposed to keeping another specialist on your in-house team. You can concentrate on other areas of your company while having the luxury of knowing your e-commerce resolutions are being taken care of by industry professionals.
4. Scalability: Increasing your manpower for your project might become a big issue with your on-site team. Outsourcing companies have a lot of experience in scaling fastly. They can quickly add team members who’ll be working on your project if you require them to scale your team. Otherwise, you will have to take care of finding, and hiring yourself.
5. Fast-paced results: Outsourced professionals mean that all techniques and procedures for creating and sustaining an e-commerce platform are already confirmed and saving you useful time to focus on the market and analyze your competitors. The in-house development team needs a lot of time to hire and appoint roles in the company, But with the help of outsourced teams, you can start the work from day one.
6. Better and Improved Security: Outsourced e-commerce platform offers security certifications and a fraud protection team. They are committed to keeping and maintaining your data secure. Consumers will feel safe knowing they can trust you with their data.
Although, you can outsource any task of website development and every task needs a different set of skills. So, some of the tasks that you outsource are -
1. Same Timezone - It is important to know the location of the employee or the outsource team because the difference in time zones can create problems. You will face problems communicating with the individual regarding the changes you need for the website.
2. Choose Quality - Since quality will always benefit more than quantity to the company at the end, you should focus on offering new and unique features to consumers. Hire people with experience with the work you want them to do and go and see the work they have done.
3. Language - Sometimes language can become a barrier if you employ somebody from a different country. But today English has become a universal language to communicate and if somebody doesn't know English then it can become a problem in explaining your goals and expectations. Therefore, Before hiring someone you should make sure you both know a common language. Good communication is very important in selecting your outsourced development team.
4. Confidentiality - Information and data are very confidential, So you should make sure the outsourced team is trustworthy and bound by a legal document in case of any security breach. A contract should be done before you hire them for your project.
5. Budget - Budget is an important thing to consider before getting an outsourced team onboard with your company. Research and get to know the price of a freelancer in the market. If the person is charging you more, then you should look for other alternatives. However, You should do what you think is best for your company.
Outsourcing is definitely a better option than In-House teams for companies that are developing and growing. Most companies consider an in-house team as a solution to be ideal but outsourced teams have more expertise and better communication which is what every company requires to survive and earn more profits by being successful in the market of e-commerce.