Most organizations use work management tools. Just imagine your work from home without the help of collaboration and task planning tools. We doubt that your work from home would go smoothly.
Work management tools assist you in simultaneously managing both your project and non-project tasks. These tools are used for various tasks such as project planning, resource allotment, time management, etc. It offers better flexibility to allow your team members to conduct a project or non-project tasks through workflow management. With the help of project management tools, you can entirely make the whole development team work as one. It can also help the development team in stopping procrastinating and delaying work. The project manager can also foresee the assignments which are being managed by team members. It helps companies to get a competitive benefit against their competitors because 77% of high-performing teams use work management tools and these project management tools can help you in achieving those goals.
Features of a good work management software
- Task Planning - A good free task management software should be competent enough to break down complex assignments into easier tasks that can be managed with effective task management and appropriate planning. It should also have the option to organize and prioritize tasks. Depending on the budget, resources, and timeline of the project the bigger tasks are converted into smaller tasks so that they can be easily managed.
- File Storage - It allows all the project information such as planned and completed tasks, upcoming events, and project resource data to be accessible in one place. It benefits hugely in data mining and gives you quick access to all the data. When you are looking for the best work management tool, the convenience to store all the data in one place plays a big part in finalizing the tool because it lets you share the data with your team members.
- Collaboration - Doing collaborative work is a big part of any task management software and that is why good task management software should be designed to fulfill the need. Efficient collaboration is an essential element to look for in task management software. With the help of the collaboration feature, the team can exchange information, allocate tasks, and receive task updates. Assigning tasks can help the team in communicating information easily and on time.
- Resource Management - All the resources should also be managed that are associated with the project. A good task management software has the feature of managing the resources by highlighting the scheduled resources and calculating the cost of their usage because due to bad project management 12% of all resources are wasted. These features eliminate the over-assigned and conflicts for lacking resources. It will also help you determine the overuse of resources and set guidelines to limit them which ensures that teams that are working on a particular project should have ample resources to complete tasks promptly. It allows you to keep track of all the financial and administrative resources that were used in the process of the project.
Notion was launched in 2016. It is an all-in-one productivity software and project management tool to keep you productively strong with so many productivity tools i.e. Tasks, Notes, Reminders, and so on. Notion can be called a workspace for all your tasks and databases. This is a tool that merges all everyday work apps into one and helps the business to grow.
- Table Database Block: You can manage projects, track productivity, or organize notes with the help of a table database block. The elements in the table are like in Excel or Sheets. It can offer you database properties with which you can customize your table and you can quickly select menus, dates, numbers, contact information, etc without going through multiple menus.
- Notion's Text Editor: Notion’s text editor feature is one of the best because it is clean and easy to use. Notion has a pleasing color palette which makes almost everything aesthetic. While using text elements such as lists, headers, links, and quotes, you can highlight anything to change the color. The text editor makes Notion an ideal app for taking notes and writing content in which you can also add code formulas and mention other users to get their attention to particular information.
- Notion's To-Do List: Notions helps you in keeping things simple by making separate lists and checklists To make a list, click anywhere in the text editor and drag your command into the menu with a forward slash. You can also use a checklist to create a simple daily to-do list and break down bigger projects into smaller ones and share them with others while collaborating.
Who is it for?
Notion is developed for all sizes of companies. It helps big companies in managing tasks and tracks every step where collaboration is not the main concern. It is for companies that require a more dynamic way to operate because it makes it easy to communicate with team members.
Pros of Notion:
- Its gallery has a very good collection of templates.
- Notion is fast.
- It provides seamless integration of spreadsheets.
- It has much better formatting and styling than Coda.
Cons of Notion:
- Notion does not have a seamless searching option.
- It is very stationary on mobile.
- Sometimes it takes a lot of time to set it up.
- Rapid entry is difficult.
Trello is a collaboration application that manages projects into boards. It tells you what has been done, which people are working on what, and their processes. Trello is a task management and team collaboration tool. Projects and tasks can be organized into columns and show workflow, project ownership, and status. Trello is popular because of its simplicity, and most people can easily understand the basics of it.
- Make Advanced Checklists: Advanced checklists allow you to map out these moving components. Firstly add a checklist, write as many tasks as you want on the list, and then assign a team member and due date to the task on that list. With all the information every team member has a clear knowledge of who is doing what and when these tasks need to be reviewed or completed. By enabling the Calendar Power-Up on the phone you can also see the assigned checklists and every task is completed before the deadline with the use of Advanced Checklists.
- Build Better Workflow Management: With Butler Automations: Butler Automation feature helps you to set up rules and commands on the Trello boards. It does not need advanced coding skills. Automations are easily created, you just have to add Butler's powerful automation feature to your board and click the Butler icon in the board menu to start giving commands.
Who is it for?
Trello is good for smaller companies that do not need added features because it helps to organize information, projects, and tasks. Trello pushes tasks ahead on the project page.
Pros of Trello:
- Trello is very simple to use.
- It is easy to learn.
- Trello is great for collaboration.
Cons of Trello:
- It is very difficult to manage big projects in Trello.
- Trello has light native integrations.
- It has no concept of velocity.
Coda is a management tool that offers a variety of features such as a site builder or blog editor which makes it easy to create and manage a website’s content. It also has great email marketing features that help in engaging and converting the audience. Coda is a great project management tool for small companies to track their customer dealings in real time.
- It allows you to build a workspace that incorporates tables and text in managing projects.
- You can pull data from anywhere in your current document to use.
- Building blocks can also be easily added.
- It also allows you to connect your document with apps like Gmail, Spotify, etc to draw data in or out automatically.
Who is it for?
Coda is designed for all companies from small to big enterprises. Its easy-to-use UI makes managing projects simple. Coda offers tools to streamline workflows with features like project templates, automatic resource allocation, task management, etc.
Pros of Coda:
- The third-party app's integration is excellent in Coda.
- Coda has better databases than some of the other tools.
- Coda also has great API support.
Cons of Coda:
- It is not free after the 2020 update.
- It is only supported by Google Chrome.
| Notion|| Trello|| Coda|
| Ease of use||Notion is very flexible to use.||Trello’s simplicity and ease of understanding make it highly popular.||Coda’s easy usage has increased efficiency. |
| Automation||It has limited automation even in the pro version. ||Butler Automations Builds Better Workflows.||Coda has unlimited automation in the pro version.|
| Device Compatibility ||Notion is compatible with both mobile and Web devices. ||It works on Any Device and in any Browser.||The Coda is compatible with mobile devices.|
|Customization||Notion has more than 10+ customizations for different projects.||Trello has 50 customizations for various projects.||Coda comes with more than 10+ customizations for different projects.|
Notion is for businesses that require a more dynamic way to organize and create content, while Trello drives tasks and moves them ahead on the project page, and Coda is developed for all companies from small startups to big enterprises. Trello is more suitable for smaller businesses that do not need Notion's added features. Coda is perfect if you’re new to project management and need a few extra tools to streamline your workflows.