Learning management system, more popularly known as LMS, has gained immense popularity among enterprises, businesses, and educational institutions. To be precise, custom LMS development has been one of the most searched terms by organizations from the above sectors. You will be amazed to know that more than 73.8 million people in the US use LMS one or the other way. The number is not at all a small one and hence you can understand how the LMS has made its way to almost every organization in the past few years. However, there are still organizations that feel that they do not need an LMS. There are multiple reasons behind this approach. Some feel that they are not yet that big of a team and that they need an online learning platform to deliver training, while others believe that it is an additional cost to bear. These thoughts are understandable as it is natural for a small-scale enterprise to put their capital as a priority as they have other things to manage too.
Training companies that deal with the learning and upskilling process often feel that they already have the best mentors with them and their facility deals in training which automatically turns their office space into a learning environment, then why should they invest in an LMS? It is the lack of understanding and awareness about the capabilities of a robust enterprise learning management system and what values it can add to the training quality for the company. Well, if you know any of the training companies that do not have an LMS or you are one of the associates from the same, you need to make sure that this post reaches your company as in this one, we will address 7 use cases of LMS for training companies. That’s right, not 1, not 2, exactly 7.
Without further ado, let’s begin with the list of use cases that are apt for a training company. Here we go!
- Training AutomationWhen you are planning a training session once in a while, you can manage it with the coordination of others; however, when it comes to multiple sessions at a single time and too regularly, things can get messy. You have to assure that all the sessions take place as per the schedule and with the help of an LMS, you can achieve that. The learning management system has integrated automation features that help you schedule your classes and run them on autopilot. Now that is a use case that is worth spending every penny, isn’t it?Here’s the practical use of it - Suppose you are an organization with multiple departments and each department needs a training session that has no relevance to the other. The study material is different, the learning experience is different and each of them must be done regularly at 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30, basically every department will have the training session in the difference of an hour. It might turn into a headache to get things on a clock every day and with multiple courses, the confusion of clearing a time can be of great depth. You will not have to face such issues if you have an implemented LMS as it allows you to automate the entire process. Simply share the sequence once and feed it into the system so that it can be automated every day!
- Batch SegregationWhen you have multiple clients to cater to, it becomes tough to manage multiple batches. No matter if the courses are the same or the skills that you are teaching the trainees are similar, every organization wants a separate course curated for them while maintaining a single batch. Messing things up can never be an option for a training company which is why using an LMS is the safest option for them. With software that is dedicated to the learning process, you can easily create segregation among the batches. With proper LMS integration & implementation, you get a clear look at what batches are running and the best part is you can easily give access to the client itself so that they can schedule things as per their requirement.Think of it this way, your organization has a strong strength of more than a thousand employees. Learning is something that you must do with a focus. You should always make it your priority to provide the best learning environment which is not possible in an auditorium where you can accommodate all of them. It is in a room where the possibilities of discussion are higher. But who will divide those 1000 members into batches? Who will take care of whether the batches are properly segregated or not? Well, all of that will be done by the LMS you implement. It is also the reason that LMS has become a necessity for large-scale businesses!
- Content CurationWhen you are growing, you get all sorts of requests from the market. Some enterprises ask you to curate exclusive content for their training material. These are the opportunities that you must grab on to as they can be a great addition to your portfolio. There are hundreds of companies that deny when such tasks come up as they do not have the infrastructure to curate content. Well, an LMS can solve that issue for you as with an LMS, comes a learning content management system with some amazing tools to assist you with content curation for multiple clients. Not to forget, one of the best features is that you do not have to worry about formats as every content format is supported.The ultimate use case example for this can be the everyday situation that training companies face. As mentioned above. There are newer companies that reach out to organizations like yours for training and assessment of their employees as they have a missing training and development cell. YOu are responsible for their training however, they often ask you for the blueprint of learning and what will be the process. In such cases, if you have an LCMS integrated LMS working in your organization, you can simply curate the content exclusively for them so that later when they have developed training centers, they can implement the same to bring all their trainees on the same page. Companies often need a code of conduct, basic eligibility, and basic concepts to be maintained in their organization and if you can curate that for them, you can technically own the learning and development process of the client forever!
- Simplifying EvaluationCertifying the employees and ensuring that they have passed the course with the desired skills as per the client becomes tough. Especially when there are so many employees working in the same skill. The evaluation process is one of the key aspects of the training and development process. With an LMS you get tools to evaluate an individual employee’s progress. The tool has all the insights about the employees which provides you with a complete evaluation of every aspect of whether the employee was able to tick all the boxes for the skill fulfillment or not.Companies with a large number of employees always pay attention to the performance of their employees. Since they have so many individuals to take care of financially, they always want to spend their money on the best of the best. Evaluation of the trainees matters to them a lot which is why, being a training company, you can not compromise on the evaluation. You have to provide a detailed report for every individual you train which is why it is always better to have tools handy for you. With user analytics and performance reviews at the regular interval, you can ensure that the trainees you grade are solely based on their potential. Since an LMS has all the analytics available to you, it becomes much easier to finish the process and accuracy is always perfect!
- Securing DataEmployee information is often sensitive and enterprises demand that you pay attention to the confidentiality of the data that they share. By using an LMS, you do not have to worry about keeping your learner’s data safe as it comes with added security features that make things seem easy for you. You can simply rely on those measures to help you out with privacy and confidentiality. Data security also refers to a safer environment for learners which is always a plus point for you and your training company.Employee data, as well as trainee data, is crucial. The use case of high-security LMS is beyond explanation as everyone is aware of the robust nature of well-designed custom LMSs.Many companies hesitate in sending their employees out of their facility food training as they believe the data that the employees hold might be at risk. Not to mention, the personal data of the trainees is also a point of concern in the decision-making. If you are a training company and have a secure LMS that ensures zero data leaks and has a single sign-on mechanism in place, you can deliver quality training without companies getting worried about security reasons.
- Initiative Management
This single-use case can help you make wonders with the training quality that you as a training company aim to deliver. New initiatives are like the breath of fresh air for any learning program. There are times when people forget about the new practices and stick to the same old-school techniques. Keeping track of the initiatives is the best thing that can be done to uplift the quality of training and with the tracking and management features of the LMS, it is visible how many of your trainees are interested in them. Should you continue the practices or they are not working.
7. Proper Tracking
Who is taking classes, who skipped, which faculty could not show up everything can be tracked through an LMS. It is like a proper tracking system but with extra secure features. This tracking also allows you to take up things to a whole new level with analytics and learning trends. You can even track which course is performing well and which one needs a bit of attention to be finished. This way, you are always improving the quality of your training services much better day by day.
For instance, suppose you are not getting the results you expect from the trainee. Your employer is also not satisfied with the outcomes you have delivered as they seem invalid in front of the expenses that they bear. Sometimes, it is the issue of proper indulgence from the trainees, sometimes it is about the course performance and sometimes it is about the faculty that you have assigned. But without properly knowing, you can not take action. The LMS helps you take the action with the help of proper tracking applications. You simply trace every action of every single user on the platform which means if trainees are not attending the lectures or are not comfortable with a faculty or the course material you have provided is not working effectively, it can be tracked and proper changes can be implemented.
With these 7 use cases, you might have understood what an LMS is capable of and how it can bring a positive impact on the way a training company works. A training company needs to master their work as companies that do not have a training wing in their organization depend on these companies for employee training and development and expect a learning experience that helps them make the most out of every penny that they spend. Not to mention, the competition in the training field is increasing day by day which means a company that does not meet the industry standards, can not compete in the market.
If you are a training company planning to get an LMS, ensure you take the custom route and make sure the LMS solutions you opt for fit all the necessary features to make your training methods more effective and your clients happier! Good luck!